Saturday, May 14, 2011
To my dear gong gong

Tomorrow's the seventh day after the death of granpa. We Chinese believe, the spirit of the dead people will return to their home on the seventh day after their death. I wish this is true. I miss my granpa. Whenever I passed by his his coffin, I'ld take a look at him. I was a bit scared, but I really hoped that he could open his eyes and told me that he's still alive. Till the moment he's sent to be 'burnt'(I dunno what's the exact word to be used here) I hoped he would knocked the coffin to tell us that he's not dead. His body was in the room, the door was closed slowly, at that moment, I realised that granpa is gone, he'll never come back. From that onwards, I realised that he will never buy 'pop pop' candy for me. He will never say 'tata, titita' to me when he leaves. He will never wake me up when I'm having a nap in the evening. He will never call me a lazy snake. He will never buy ice-cream for me. He will never ask me to fetch him down to Melaka for a tour. I also realised that, I will never ever receive his ang pao again, I feel so regret that I didn't keep the last ang pao he gave. The only one thing that make me feel comfortable is that I had taken a photo with him two years ago. It was taken after the incident had happened. That's the first and last of of me with him. Yeah, that's the only photo of us, and it's a blur one. I love and miss my granpa. Hope he's living good with other relatives in another world. Hope that he will appear in my dream and tell how he's living and what he needs.

gong gong, ngo oi lei.

0 comments:

Post a Comment